Tuesday 10 August 2010

Spirit Bound By Richelle Mead

Just a quick reminder that the official synopsis does give SPOILERS away so please don't read it if you haven't read the previous Vampire Academy novels!

Rose Hathaway has been outrunning death ever since she swore to be the protector of her best friend, Lissa, no matter what.

She's finally made it back to the haven of St Vladimir's but with Dimitri, the boy she once loved, stalking her, Rose can only run so far.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance, and now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he has silenced her...forever.

I officially love this series. It is the fifth installment in the Vampire Academy series. The pacing is perfect and all the characters are well developed. Reading this series is definitely like meeting up with an old friend, something you feel comfortable with immediately. That's not to say that it doesn't keep you on the edge of your seat wanting to read the next chapter to find out what exactly happens next even though you desperately need to sleep!

Also, this book ends on a massive cliffhanger with Rose's future precariously in the balance. It is such a thrilling read with twists in abundance that you just don't see coming.

Spirit Bound was full of action, emotion and surprises that will keep any Vampire Academy fan turning the pages until the end. I can't wait for the next installment, The Last Sacrifice, that comes out in December.


Random Passage: It truly, truly hit me then that I was in the real world. Fear slammed into me. I'd taken on the title of guardian when I graduated, but had I really understood what it meant? Had I been playing make-believe - enjoying the perks and ignoring the consequences? I was out of school. There would be no detention for this. This was real. This was life or death.

No comments: