Tuesday 3 January 2012

In My Mailbox (37)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.
-
These are the books I got from the past five weeks:
-
1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
2. 11.22.63 by Stephen King
-
-
3. The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes
4. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
-
-
5. Eldest by Christopher Paolini
6. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
-
-
7. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
8. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
-
-
9. The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
10. The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins
-
-
11. The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen
12. The Curious World of Shelley Vendor by Colin R. Parsons
-
-
I'm looking forward to reading all of these books. I've already started 11.22.63 which was a present from my parents for Christmas and it is already amazing. I picked up The World of Downton Abbey because I love that show even though I've still got to catch up on the Christmas special! I'm excited to read Hugo Cabret after seeing the trailer for the film and realising it was originally a book and I can't wait to find out what happens in The Iron Queen because I really enjoyed the previous two books. I have yet to read Eragon but I saw Eldest and Brisingr for only £1.99 each so I couldn't resist :) With some of my Christmas money I picked up The Phantom of the Opera which I have been meaning to read for a while now and also The Dead Secret because I absolutely devoured The Woman in White in November.
-
Clockwork Prince was a spur of the moment thing. I had previously read Clockwork Angel and whilst liking it I didn't enjoy it as much as the Mortal Instruments trilogy but it turned out I couldn't resist all the hype. The Way of Shadows was an intentional pick up after reading a fantastic and glowing review of it (I believe it was on Booking In Heels but don't quote me!). I have already read The Vampire Stalker which was a cute quick read. Finally The Curious World of Shelley Vendor was a book I purchased from Waterstone's as the author was there and talked me into buying it :)

No comments: