Sunday 15 January 2012

In My Mailbox (38)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren.
-
I got four books this week:
-
1. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
2. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
-
-
3. Harry Potter: Page to Screen by Bob McCabe
4. Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee
-
-
I'm so excited to read The Fault in our Stars! It's the first book I've every pre-ordered and it looks amazing. I love the cover and mine was signed with a green sharpie :) John Green is one of my favourite authors, not just because of his thought-provoking stories but the way he is able to connect with his audience and make them care about the things that matter in the world, along with his brother Hank.
-
The second book I got was Bittersweet which I also can't wait to get stuck into either. I loved Ockler's previous two novels (Twenty Boy Summer and Fixing Delilah) which were both summery reads but Bittersweet is set in Winter (I believe) and I'm curious to see how it matches up. Anyway, it's by Sarah Ockler so it must be good!
-
Thirdly I picked up Cider with Rosie from my local Works bookshop for only £2.99. It's set in the Cotswolds which I live only a stones throw from and love to explore so I had to pick it up :)
-
Finally, the book I have been lusting after for months arrived; Harry Potter: Page to Screen, and it must be the biggest book I own (and the heaviest) but it looks gorgeous. I've had a quick flick through and it is amazing and I can't wait to read it in depth!

12 comments:

The Book Faerie said...

Eek!! The Harry Potter Page to Screen book looks soo good!!! I am so excited for The Fault In Our Stars, I hope you enjoy it :)

My IMM: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-16.html

Ailsa said...

I think I've heard of Bittersweet, but I don't really know what it's about - interesting cover, though.

No IMM for me this week, but my Hush Hush/Evermore giveaway is still open: here

~Ailsa

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

YAY Bittersweet is totally on my tbr list!!! Great haul! Enjoy :)

Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!

Hanna @ Booking in Heels said...

I think I might have to have a mooch round The Works! I love the Vintage editions of books, they look so nice all on a shelf. Plus I've been meaning to read Cider With Rosie for a while, so it'd be perfect if they had a Vintage copy!

I can't decide about to HP: Page to Screen book. I know it'll be amazing, but it might hurt just that little bit too much. I don't need ANOTHER reminder that it's over, haha!

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I got Bittersweet last week and LOVED IT!!! I can't wait to see what you think :) I hope you enjoy what you got!

Here's my IMM!

Lisa Schensted said...

YAY for TFIOS!

And the cover of Bittersweet is just so gorgeous. I can't even.

Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

I got TIFoS this week and I am trying to limit myself to reading it as a way to make the story last longer. Enjoy everything!

Shorskie's IMM

Amanda said...

I've been seeing the Fault in Our Stars everywhere this week! Sad I didn't preorder it. I love Sarah Ockler too! Can't wait to read Bittersweet.

Come check out my IMM

Unknown said...

Reading tfios, about 100 pages from being done and it is truly amazing. I'm crying my eyes out and laughing my head off the next second. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am:)

Great books this week!

My IMM:

http://www.flyleafreview.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-2.html

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I have Harry Potter Film Wizardry. It's fabulous.
My IMM

Test said...

Yay for The Fault in our Stars! I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of that one. Happy reading! :)

Catherine@thebookparade said...

:D I'm such a fan of Harry Potter; can't wait to get my hands on the Harry Potter: Page to Screen book!